tiistai 9. kesäkuuta 2020

Sewing Project: Dark Marie Antoinette, 18th century dress


I´ve always wanted to sew a historical dress.
This pattern is from Simplicity Patterns, but I made some changes for it. The hem is much longer and wider than in the original pattern.
I wanted to make the dress look dark and gothic. I got inspiration for this dress from Salem tv-show and Outlander season 2 costumes.
The large bows on the front are made of silk. I also used taffeta kind of material, and black satin. I added several satin roses to the dress
It is actually "coat" and under skirt that needs panniers and corset to functional.
There are large pockets, so I don't need any bag when using the dress.
dress1 dress2 dress3 dress4 dress5 dress6 skirt1
Inspiration pictures
Salem
inspiration1
Outlander
Inspiration
Paintings
Inspiration2

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Remember Your Manners.
I will review the comments before publishing.