keskiviikko 4. lokakuuta 2017

Xena, The Warrior Princess

"In a time of ancient gods, warlords and kings, a land in turmoil cried out for a hero. She was Xena, a mighty princess forged in the heat of battle. The power...the passion...the danger. Her courage will change the world."
xena7
Xena was my favorite TV show when I was a kid. I wanted to make a Xena cosplay for a long time, but I did not know how to do it.
I participated in this year's Ropecon worbla workshop, where I got some tips on how to make a chest armor. So, this is my very first worbla armor!
Skirt, corset and shoes are made of genuine leather. Armory is made of worbla, it is painted with acrylic paint. The sword and the chakram is made of wood and worbla. The scabbard has been made of gym mattress, so it's lightweight to carry.
I bought some old leather jackets from the flea markets, which the clothes were made.
This project took a lot of time and money, and it was definitely worth it. I loved to make this wonderful project. It is not perfect, but I managed to overcome the expectations.
xena15
So, Why I like Xena so much?
First, Xena is a human being. No super hero shit, where heroes arrive from outer space and possess supernatural talents.
Xena knows her own worth and doesn’t compare herself to others. Xena has many skills, she knows how to solve situations well.
Her fighting skills are unparalleled. She does well without men.
Xena is my idol :)
xena10
While making this project, I watched all the Xena productions through^^
xena20 xena22 xena6 xena4 xena8 xena12 xena16
The leather corset without the armor. I made the patterns of course by myself.
xena17 xena18

6 kommenttia:

  1. Upea <3 Xenaa tuli nuorempana seurailtua :)
    Onko sinulla muuten teollisuuskone vai jokin vielä järeämpi vehje, jolla tuo on tehty? Nahkaa olisi kyllä kiva ommella, mutta tuo minun halpiskone ei pure :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kiitos!
    Minulla on teollisuuskone, joten ompelu oli helppoa. Olen tosin pystynyt ihan normaalillakin ompelukoneella ompelemaan ohuempaa nahkaa.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Ihania kuvia, Xena kuului miunkin suosikkeihin. Harmittaa etten ihan viimeisiä kausia saanut katottua töllöstä, taisi jäädä viimeiseksi jaksoksi se, missä Xena ja Gabrielle ovat helvetissä pelastamassa vuoroin Calistoa ja vuoroin toisiaan. Pentuna se jakso jäi mieleen ja myöhemmin teininä sain katsottua just tuohon jaksoon saakka ja sitten Sub päätti kusta niskaan ja muuttaa lähetysaikoja. Kun vielä jostain löytäisi kaikki jaksot, niin katsoisin uudestaan :)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Aivan mielettömän upea! Oon haaveillut kans Xenan asusta esim. Halloweeniksi, mutta en ikinä osais toteuttaa sitä omin kätösin. Todella hieno! ^_^

    VastaaPoista
  5. HuggyHare:
    Mä muistan että nauhoitin pienenä vhs:lle niitä Xenoja kun ne tuli telkkarista sunnuntaisin ^^
    Nyt myöhemmin ostin vaan boksin jossa on kaikki tuotantokaudet.

    VastaaPoista
  6. henni:
    Kiitos! Kieltämättä tuossa on aika paljon vaivaa jos meinaa sitä pelkästään Halloween asuksi :)

    VastaaPoista

Remember Your Manners.
I will review the comments before publishing.